You can pre-order a copy of Mastering Genealogical Proof here. The ship date is listed as approximately May 20th, but I assume that there will be copies available at the National Genealogical Society (NGS) Family History Conference in May, as NGS is the publisher of this new book. I will be organizing groups to study this new text and will post information as soon as the group format and registration process are established. If you are interested in mentoring a study group, please send me a message. If you are interested in participating in a study group, please wait for further instructions.
Tom Jones is a masterful teacher and I am very excited for more genealogists to learn from him as they study this new book. For more information on the book, a link to the full table of contents, and a sample exercise, click here.
Table of contents for the book:
- Chapter 1 - Genealogy’s Standard of Proof
- Chapter 2 - Concepts Fundamental to the GPS
- Chapter 3 - GPS Element 1: Thorough Research
- Chapter 4 GPS Element 2: Source Citations
- Chapter 5 GPS Element 3: Analysis and Correlation
- Chapter 6 GPS Element 4: Resolving Conflicts and Assembling Evidence
- Chapter 7 GPS Element 5: The Written Conclusion
- Chapter 8 - Using the GPS
- Chapter 9 - Conclusion
- Appendix A - Pritchett Article
- Appendix B - McLain Article
- Reading and Source List
- Answers to exercises