There has been a lot of news regarding genealogy institutes and conferences recently, so I complied this list for the ProGen Study Group participants, and thought I would share it here on my blog as well.
- For the first time ever, the National Archives will host a virtual Genealogy Fair with live lectures available on the internet and a call-in genealogy help line
- The schedule and handouts on are now available on the NARA website
APG Professional Management Conference -- January 10-11, 2014
- The Association of Professional Genealogists will host a two day conference in Salt Lake City, Utah right before the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy. The conference schedule will be released soon, but mark your calendars now so you can attend two genealogy events and only have to travel once.
Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG) – January 13-17, 2014
- SLIG has added a new course for 2014 on Utilizing Social History in Your Research
- SLIG has opened a second section of the Advanced Evidence Analysis Practicum course – there are spots for 15 more people to attend
- For details on SLIG 2014 and registration information click here. The early bird discount rate is good until October 31st. Space is still available in the following courses:
o American Research and Records: Focus on Families
o Advanced Research Tools: Land Records
o Credentialing: Accreditation, Certification, or Both?
o Advanced Evidence Analysis Practicum
o Problem Solving
o Utilizing Social History
o Researching in Eastern Europe
RootsTech 2014 – February 6-8, 2014 in Salt Lake City
- Registration is now open with a discount until September 9th.
The Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh
- Announced a new GRIP on the Road program for August 3-8, 2014 in Orchard Lake, Michigan
- GRIP in Pittsburgh will be held July 20-25, 2014
- Registration will begin February 12, 2014 for GRIP and February 25, 2014 for GRIP on the Road
Federation of Genealogical Societies
- FGS announced the 2015 FGS Conference will be Combined with RootsTech, February 12-14, 2015, in Salt Lake City.
Note: This is not a complete listing of programs, just recent news.