Preparing to Register for IGHR:
1) Select the course you want to take from the list of 2014 courses available here. You can click through to the course schedules if you want details on what topics are covered in each course. Note: The Advanced Methodology course will not be offered in 2014, but will return in 2015.
2) Check to see what time registration begins for the course you have chosen in the registration schedule below. Be sure to convert to your time zone if you are not on Central Time.
2) Create a member profile in the registration system NOW. This will help make your registration process go faster. See https://www.123signup.com/
3) Download the IGHR Navigating the Online Registration PDF and read through the instructions so you can get through the registration process quickly. Many of the courses sell out in minutes, so you will want to be as fast as possible.
4) Decide on a backup course, or add your name to the waiting list if the course you choose if full. Sometimes people have to cancel and you may be able to get in at a later date.
Good luck getting in the course of your choice! I look forward to seeing many of you at IGHR in June.
IGHR Registration Schedule for January 21st
To prevent an overload of the online registration system, the opening of course registration is staggered with different courses being opened each half-hour.
Opening at 10:00 AM CST:
- Course 1: Techniques & Technology
- Course 7: Researching African American Genealogy: 20th Century Research
- Course 2: Intermediate Genealogy and Historical Studies
- Course 9: Advanced Library Research: Law Libraries & Government Documents
- Course 4: Writing and Publishing for Genealogists
- Course 8: The Trans-Mississippi South
- Course 5: Military Records I
- Course 6: Irish Genealogical Research
- Course 10: Virginia: Her Records and Her Laws