Saturday, June 30, 2012

My "Genea-bucket List"

I think for the first time ever I will participate in Randy Seaver's Saturday Night Genealogy Fun. I am usually busy with family on Saturday's but I saw his blog posting on Facebook and decided I liked the topic. Randy posted his "genea-bucket list" and I decided to do my own.

Randy's instructions are on his blog, but the main idea is to answer:

What is on your Genealogy Bucket List?  What research locations do you want to visit? What do you want to accomplish with your genealogy research?  List a minimum of three items - more if you want!

Here is my list:

1. Become a certified genealogist through the Board for Certification of Genealogy.

2. Visit the towns and parishes of my ancestors' homelands in England, Denmark and Sweden.

3. Write up the history of my ancestors in a fully documented format, one line at a time. This I will share with my family, including distant cousins I have found who share my interest, and the libraries and historical societies in the locations my ancestors lived.

These would be on my "genea-bucket list" if I had not already completed them:

1. Complete the Advanced Methodology and Evidence Analysis course at the Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research taught by Elizabeth Shown Mills. (completed June 2010)

2. Give a genealogy lecture at a national conference. (completed May 2012 at NGS in Cincinnati)


3 comments:

  1. You know which one of these I vote for first: I wanna see those CG letters after your name!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, You know I am working on that one first!

      Delete
  2. Well done on your achievements so far and good luck with the remainder of items on your list.

    ReplyDelete