Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Sample Taste of Jamboree and IGHR



This is a big week in the genealogy world with both the Southern California Genealogy Society Jamboree and the Institute on Genealogy and Historical Research at Samford University. I was not able to attend either event this year, but am able able to get a little taste of the fun by following my friends through Facebook posts and genealogy blogs.

Randy Seaver posted a SCGS Genealogy Jamboree Blog Compendium on his Genea-Musings blog with links to many other blog posts about the Jamboree. This is a fun way to read the play by play about the conference. The stalking report by Sheri Fenley at Jamboree 2012 and Progress on My List was one of my favorite accounts.

I have attended the Institute on Genealogy and Historical Research (IGHR) for the last three years, and am missing my "summer camp" with genealogy friends. If you would like to get an idea of what goes on at IGHR then you may like to join me in reading the daily posts on these genealogy blogs:

Harold Henderson on Midwestern Microhistory 
(Advanced Library Research: Law Libraries & Government Documents course)

Cinamon Collins on (Mis)Adventures Of A Genealogist 
(Advanced Methodology and Evidence Analysis course)

Judy Russell, JD, CG on The Legal Genealogist
(African-American Research course)

If you know of others who are blogging about their experience in IGHR courses then please leave me a link in the comments. I would love to read more.
 

1 comment:

  1. Angela Dahling! Thank you for the shout out and for reading my blog. I loved, loved, loved Jamboree however I am suffering from academic envy right now reading about those at Samford. Sigh. Next year I will be back.

    ReplyDelete