The 2014 Virtual PMC offers the following 5 classes streamed to your computer or mobile device:
- "Good Name in Man or Woman" -- Protecting a Professional Reputation, by Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL
- Networking for Genealogists: Making Connections Online and in Person, by Angela Packer McGhie
- The Pursuit from Genealogy Hobbyist to Professional, by Claire V. Brisson-Banks, AG
- Discovering and Communicating Your Unique Value: Personal Branding for Professional Genealogists, by Melissa A. Johnson
- Gaining Recognition in the Genealogical Community: Climbing the Professional Ladder, by Jean Wilcox Hibben, PhD, CG
Option 1: Live streaming of all 5 classes
This option includes live access to all 5 Virtual PMC classes on Saturday, 11 January 2014, a downloadable PDF of the full conference syllabus, and 3 months of access to recordings of all 5 sessions.
Option 2: Recordings of individual sessions
Cost: $25 per session
Register to view recordings of individual sessions you're interested in and receive 3 months of access to online recordings of individual sessions and syllabus materials for the individual classes.
Would you like to participate in person?
With 10 expert speakers, 8 classes, and 3 hands-on workshops, this is the largest PMC yet:
- Personal Branding for Professional Genealogists -- by Melissa Johnson
- It’s a Genealogical Narrative! (Workshop) -- by Mary Penner
- Networking for Genealogists -- Angela Packer McGhie
- Protecting a Professional Reputation (Saturday Keynote) -- Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL
- The Making of a NGSQ Article (Workshop) -- Harold Henderson, CG
- Working for Entertainment and Corporate Clients (Friday Keynote) -- D. Joshua Taylor, MA, MLS
- Gaining Recognition in the Genealogical Community -- Jean Wilcox Hibben, PhD, CG
- Advanced DNA for Professionals (Workshop) -- CeCe Moore
- Writing a Genealogy Business Plan -- Angela Packer McGhie
- The Pursuit from Genealogy Hobbyist to Professional -- Claire V. Brisson-Banks, MLIS, AG
- Will Genealogy-Based TV Improve My Business? -- J. Mark Lowe, CG, FUGA
The PMC will be held 10-11 January 2014 at the Radisson Hotel in downtown Salt Lake City. Prices begin at $50 for Friday's classes. Early-bird registration and pricing ends 6 January 2014.
Register for the PMC and view full pricing details at www.apgen.org/conferences.